The thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Infant Swimming Resource, its Instructors, members, partners, and/or staff. The information provided here is stated "as-is" without any warranty expressed or implied.

Wednesday 19 November 2014

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SWIMMING FOR KIDS?

Swimming is an excellent cardiovascular workout that promotes heart and lung health, improves strength and flexibility, increases stamina and even improves balance and posture. In addition, swimming is a way to prevent childhood obesity, which has been linked to juvenile diabetes.  Swimming also puts less strain on joints and connective tissues than other forms of exercise. 

Enrolling your child in swim lessons and encouraging him to swim regularly can have significant benefits for both his health and safety as it encourages a healthy level of physical and social activity.  It will also give him that ability and confidence to fully enjoy his aquatic environment.  Did I mention that it’s also great FUN!!!

We'll love if you share some pictures of you and your kids SAFELY having FUN in the pool..
 
 

5 comments:

  1. My son is really excited to learn to swim and I want him to learn the proper technique because he just loves the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Learning anything the proper way is always best.

      Delete
  2. I went to swimming lessons as a child. My best memory was the day when I tried to "escape". I was tired of swimming the shallow... I ran around the pool... jumped in the deep and swam to my teacher. I hope one day my daughter would have the same security and courage around water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our aim is to make competent swimmers who then become confident in the aquatic environment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son loves to swim. He always loved the water and him knowing how to swim and use his strokes makes it even more enjoyable for him and me of course.

    ReplyDelete